Polypropylene glycol PPG is a common emulsifier in cosmetics?
Emulsifiers are an indispensable part of cosmetics production, and polypropylene glycol PPG is a common emulsifier in cosmetics. Emulsifiers are mainly used in cream, lotion and therapeutic cosmetics. In each formula, the selection of emulsifiers is a crucial step. Therefore, developing efficient, simple, safe, and stable emulsifiers is the key to producing high-quality cosmetics.
The emulsifiers used in the cream lotion are emulsified, moist and permeable. Emulsifiers in water-based cosmetics play an important role in emulsifying skin care products, dissolving insoluble essence and essential oils. Therapeutic cosmetics are becoming increasingly popular among consumers. Emulsification technology can emulsify and dissolve active substances and drugs, effectively solving the technical problems in the preparation of therapeutic cosmetics.
Many emulsifiers can be used in cosmetics, such as Triethanolamine, polyethylene glycol and polypropylene glycol PPG. Triethanolamine can balance water and oil in skin care products, and play the role of emulsification, moisturizing, thickening and pH balance in cosmetics such as skin cleaning, eye gel, moisturizing and shampoo.
The difference between polypropylene glycol PPG and dipropylene glycol is as follows:
1. Polypropylene glycol PPG is an organic compound with the chemical formula c3h8o2. It is miscible with water, ethanol, and various organic solvents. This is a colorless and odorless liquid. Although the presence of propylene glycol is low, small solvents have great uses. Generally speaking, propylene glycol can be used as a raw material for unsaturated polyester resin, combined with glycerol or sorbitol, and can be used as a wetting agent in cosmetics, toothpaste, and soap. In hair dyes, it is used as a moisture adjusting and leveling agent, Antifreeze, Cellophane, plasticizer and pharmaceutical industry.
Properties and Stability of Polypropylene Glycol PPG:
1. Flammable liquid. Moisture absorption, non corrosive to metals. It reacts with dicarboxylic acid to form polyester, reacts with nitric acid to form Nitrate ester, and reacts with hydrochloric acid to form chlorinated alcohol. Dilute sulfuric acid is converted into propanal by heating at 170 ℃
2. The toxicity and irritation are very low, and no victims have been found.
The specific purpose of polypropylene glycol PPG is:
1. Industry: It is an important raw material for unsaturated polyester, epoxy resin, polyurethane resin, plasticizer, and surfactant;
2. Cosmetics: Polypropylene glycol PPG has good viscosity and moisture absorption. Widely used as hygroscopic agent, Antifreeze, lubricant and solvent in medicine and cosmetics industries;
3. Food: It reacts with fatty acid to produce propylene glycol fatty acid ester, which is mainly used as food emulsifier, as well as as a solvent for spices and Food coloring;
4. Medication: In the pharmaceutical industry, it is often used as a solvent, softener, and excipient to manufacture various ointments and ointments;
5. Equipment: tobacco humidifiers, mold inhibitors, food processing equipment lubricants, food labeling ink solvents;
6. Others: used as tobacco wetting agent, mildew inhibitor, fruit ripening preservative, Antifreeze and heat carrier.
Polypropylene glycol PPG is a byproduct of the production of propylene glycol. Dipropylene glycol is a distillate, colorless, basically odorless, water-soluble, medium viscosity, hygroscopic liquid with low vapor pressure and toxicity. Mainly used for manufacturing solvents, coupling agents, and chemical intermediates.